Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Teacher Totes

I am always interested to see what other teachers carry as a work bag. They are like magic portals into the world of educators!



When I first began teaching in NYC, I thought it was more important to be fashionable than comfortable. Little did I realize that schlepping work back and forth on the subway in my fancy designer bag would end in serious shoulder pain! Sometimes it is so painful I can't even pull a shirt over my head :( 

I realized the importance of making sure that I am carrying the right bag that will fit all of my teacher tools and not leave me permanently lopsided! Backpacks and cross-body bags are definitely the most friendly. When I have a lot of stuff to carry (data binders, TE's, etc.), I use my favorite Cath Kidston backpack that I bought in Notting Hill during a summer trip to London. I try to remember to keep it in my car in case I have to bring anything extra home from school that won't fit into my regular bag. 


Right now, when I don't have a lot of stuff to carry to/from school, I am partial to my Longchamp tote. It is foldable, water-resistant, and roomy. I got mine monogrammed for a little something extra, since it is a pretty basic bag. 



Something that I have started doing recently that has been a lifesaver for me since I do switch work bags every now and again is to store the important, smaller things in little pouches that I can transfer from one bag to another. I have one pouch that has advil, lip balm (Burt's Bees, natch. I'm obsessed with the new coconut-pear flavor), band-aids, and gum. Another pouch has a back-up iphone battery, extra ear-buds (you never know when you might need to wait somewhere and could be listening to an audiobook or podcast), and some pens/pencils. I like using LeSportsac pouches, because like the Longchamp, they are durable and water-resistant. 

Obviously, I am always on the lookout for the next best teacher tote! Here are a few options I have rounded up!

A punchy print on a cute cross-body from Better Life Bags!

The gold polka dots on this Herschel backpack brings in some fun!

This Ella Tote from Tory Burch for all you teacher fashionistas! 

What are your picks for the best teacher bags? I'm in the market for a new one for the fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment

© City Teacher Country Teacher. Powered by