Thursday, June 12, 2014

School's Out!

Oh my goodness! This year is OVER?!?!


Wasn't it just the first day...like...yesterday?

This year came with A LOT of change and new responsibilities. I moved from NYC to Philly and started teaching in a new school with a different structure (mixed aged classes). I rejoined the world of car owners after a 5 year lapse (ugh--car payments...although I did the math and it turns out my monthly car payments are only slightly higher than the monthly subway passes I had to buy in NYC). Oh yeah--I have also been planning my wedding that is going to happen in JUST TWO AND A HALF WEEKS!?! WHAAAAT??!?

But back to the whole teaching thing-- I feel really good about this year. I made great friends at work and wonderful connections with my students and other students in the school. By the end of the year, I was bombarded with lovely cards and wonderful colorful pictures to take home with me. I also got a few "extra" goodies from families:

I am SO EXCITED about this beach bag!!! I can't wait to tote it on my honeymoon in Turks and Caicos!

I received this cute card from a student's family (along with some delicious chocolates). I love funky greeting cards! 
 I always like my students to reflect after any unit/project/trip. I had my students complete this end of the year survey on the last morning of school:


It was great hearing about some of the things they most enjoyed about this year, and I felt pretty good about myself as a teacher, too:

Can I add "superior awsomeness" to my resume? I'm gonna miss this group!



Of course, nothing screams end of the year like lots and lots of treats!!! I made brownies for the class, and a student brought in these super colorful sprinkley cupcakes! YUM!

Obviously, by the time dismissal rolled around, we all kind of looked like this after all that sugary goodness:
Am I the worst person ever for sugaring up kids and then sending them home to their parents? I mean, they were already super hyper! Last day of school, ya'll! 

So, the room got packed up today. It looks sad and empty...


...but I know I'll have a whole lotta fun reorganizing it in late August. Especially because I am teaching a new mixed age (2nd/3rd grade) and am getting all new furniture! WOOT WOOT!

Lastly, I just want to thank everyone who kept reading my blog this year! I wasn't sure if I could keep it up, and sometimes there were longer breaks between posts, but I appreciate all of you who visited again and again! I might have a few fun Summer posts, so don't disappear! 

XO, and HAPPY SUMMER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© City Teacher Country Teacher. Powered by